We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When Xmas sales in Cologne?

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Topic
When Xmas sales in Cologne?

When do Christmas sales start in Cologne? I'm planning to go there on January 4, is it a good time for sales?

Thank you!

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When Xmas sales in Cologne?

Very often you can get good bargains very short timed after the feast, because they want to let you spend your "Christmas money" . Sometimes already in the week between Christmas and NY because there are stll holidays. Mainly medias, games and and electronics. I suppose that the first week of the new year might be a good time too, but I don´t know it for sure.

Edited: 6:00 am, November 03, 2013
Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When Xmas sales in Cologne?

OK thanks! I was more thinking of clothes and was wondering whether there is a fixed time for winter sales like in France or Belgium (where sales start the first weekend in January). But I guess it is less regulated in Germany.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When Xmas sales in Cologne?

It´s no longer regulated since some years but many shops use the time from the beginning of January till the end of February for sale. So I suppose that you might have the chance for some bargains. Just look at the shop windows or at the signs inside the shops.

4. Re: When Xmas sales in Cologne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 05, 2014