We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mixed/Single Gender Sauna

England
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mixed/Single Gender Sauna

My wife and I are on the verge of booking a trip to Cologne but the more we read the more my wife is starting to worry.

Can anyone confirm if the average sauna (in the hotels) are not only unclothed but mixed gender also?

Neither of us are bothered about nudity but are not happy about the idea of mixed sauna.

Please help anyone? We would possibly be going to the SAS Radisson, Maritim or Hilton Hotels.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mixed/Single Gender Sauna

> Can anyone confirm if the average sauna (in the hotels) are not only unclothed but mixed gender also?

Don´t know about the hotels but the usual public saunas are mixed-gender on most days. Some also have "Women only" or "Men only" days or similar arrangements.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mixed/Single Gender Sauna

As hotels usually only have one sauna, this is usually mixed all the time (at least all the hotel saunas I got to know).

And yes, at least Germans are usually unclothed. But saunas in hotels offten aren't full and ofeten you might have the chance to have the sauna on your own.

If you don't feel comfortable unclthed in a sauna you can also wear something of course. Maybe you get some 'looks' but I wouldn't care for that.

Philipp

Europe
Level Contributor
239 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mixed/Single Gender Sauna

SAS Radisson is avery nice sauna/wellness area. It's fully nude, and mixed. You'll usually "get away" with wearing a towel around your hips, although that will do nothing about your being exposed to other patrons (of either gender) being naked.

4. Re: Mixed/Single Gender Sauna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, August 12, 2009