We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Travel to Cologne

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
79 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Business Travel to Cologne

We are arriving on the 10th for a week of business. We are considering the Hyatt or Hilton (open to suggestions as well). Which is the better location considering Karnival? Several years ago, I stayed at the Intercontinental but I see that is now under new ownership.

We plan to take the train to Merkenich each day for work. Can we get a week long city pass for the trains? If so, where is the best place to get it?

Does anyone know if Die Oma Klienmann is still open? I ate there twice in 2008 and loved it. We also ate at the following:

Der Loewenbraeu, XII Apostel, and Paffgen Brauhaus. Are these still good? Any other recommendations for evening meals & Kolsch?

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,961 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Business Travel to Cologne

Thanks for reporting back...always nice to hear some feedback.

Also glad to hear you enjoyed Paeffgen, both the one in the Old Town and the original one are my favourite brewery houses.

I don't know the Etruska restaurant, but mentioned another restaurant in the other post.

Also, did you get the pass for the weekly ticket and the ticket you put in it at the airport?

I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,310 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Business Travel to Cologne

Oma Kleinmann has closed on Monday.

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
79 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Business Travel to Cologne

I did get the ticket easily from the airport to the hotel using a machine. We did purchase the weekly ticket Monday morning from the ticket office.

I love the tram system over here. Thanks again

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
79 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Business Travel to Cologne

Is Oma Kleinmann always closed just on Monday?

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,310 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Business Travel to Cologne

Yes.

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
79 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Business Travel to Cologne

Thank you. We will try again tonight

17. Re: Business Travel to Cologne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 21, 2014