We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas markets

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, West...
Level Contributor
489 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas markets

I've found that the markets are open daily from 26 Nov-23 Dec 1100-2100. Are the markets as good during the week as the weekends. Is there any date in particular that one would recommend or avoid?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas markets

I visited the Cologne Christmas Markets a couple years ago and am going back this year. They draw a good crowd throughout the week. Evenings seem to be busy as lots of people are there eating and socializing. Sometimes there were shows that drew a crowd, but it was never overwhelming. Weekdays seemed as good as weekends. I was in Cologne during the last week of November and then spent the following week in Berlin, both places were very similar in attendance and events.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,910 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas markets

I was in Cologne last year at a Saturday, and it was pretty crowded, but mainly after sunset. If you are starting your walk around already at noon or early afternoon it´s more relaxed.

There are often shows/concerts at the market at Roncalli Platz but I don´t know if a shedule is already available.

cologne-tourism.com/whats-on/christmas/chris…

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,910 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas markets

Well, if you open this link, choose a market and click on "further information" below the e-mail adress, you will find a program but only in German

4. Re: Christmas markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 19, 2013