We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Koln

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Koln

Hello,

I am visiting Cologne in a couple of weeks time with 7 of my friends. Can anyone recommend a couple of restaurants for us to visit while we are there? We are staying in the Hilton so anywhere near there would be particularly good.

Many thanks for your help!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Koln

The Hilton is very close to the Dom Cathedral. Behind the Dom is Cologne's Altestadt (old city) which is mostly pedestrian traffic only. Plenty of good restaurants and clubs. It stretches out along the Rhine separated from it by parks. I cannot remember the name of it, but one of the first restaurants you pass as you walk from the Dom is a Baltic restaurant that served the best lamb chops I've ever had. It has al fresco dining (which quite of few of the restaurants have) so on a nice day, you can sit outside while watching the ships going up and down the Rhine.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
89 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Koln

Hi,

I've been to Cologne on business every November for the past six years. It's a great city with some very nice beer houses --My favorites are Fruh -- located just off the Hohe Strasse near the Cathedral. The other is Peters Brauhaus - http://www.peters-brauhaus.de/- a great menu and atmosphere.

Enjoy the kolsch in both places -- it's refreshing and habit-forming!

Regards, Tom