We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

West Wickham, Kent
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

Hi I'm an annual visitor to Germany, and always try and catch a game of football when i'm in town.

Next visit is to Cologne on weekend Friday 1 April - Monday 4 April.

I see that FC Koln are at home to Nuremburg that weekend.

In the past i have had to get tickets via agencies (seatwave etc) and paid over the odds when watching the bigger teams (Bayern Etc),

My question is - will i be able to buy FC Koln tickets on arrival? is this likely to be a big game (ie are the rivals)?

Or would you advise i go to agencies again and pay 3x the ticket price?

Any Advice welcome,

Also any recommendations for a Budesliga 2 game on the Sunday 3 April - within a train journey of Cologne would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

You should be able to buy them from the club at face value.

http://www.fc-koeln.de/index.php?id=353 will show you when tickets are on open sale (Freier VVK).

Call the club (+49) 180 5 / 32 56 56 on that date to buy tickets. They should speak at least basic englisch. You can pay with a credit card. You'll have to pick up your tickets at the stadium on match day.

Fortuna Düsseldorf is playing that weekend too. Dortmund as a home game as well, depending on the tba kick-off times you might be able to see them as well.

Edited: 1:23 pm, December 16, 2010
TheHague
Level Contributor
928 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

Buy at the ticket office on the day, the game won't sell out.

Buying in advance via the club website is also a good idea, though you often have to collect the tickets via the stadium ticket office when purchasing German football tickets from abroad.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

Nuernberg is not the most popular team and I am sure you'll get a ticket on the day, there are enough booths at the stadium. Alternatively go to the Kaufhof in Hohe Strasse, get the ticket there and it includes the tram out to Muengersdorf where the stadium is.

Redcar, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

Hi i have a similar question i am visting from England to Cologne in April and would love to go to a football match,i noticed FC Koln are playing away but Bayer Leverkusen are at home against St Pauli how would i go about getting tickets for this match ? many thanks if anybody can help

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

Hi there,

Can you tell me how much the Bundesliga Tickets will be for a Cologne or Frankfurt Match next february

Taking a soccer tour of 45 boys to Cologne & Frankfurt next feb

Thanks

Stuart

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

I am not sure if prices have been confirmed yet. Also, the fixture list is not out yet. I would check the FC homepage maybe in July / August, though not sure when sles starts for the February games.

http://www.fc-koeln.de/fctickets/startseite/

If you have the chance try to watch 1.FC Koeln, the boys will be amazed by the atmosphere in Cologne...nothing against Eintracht Frankfurt, but it is not the same

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

Hi there,

We need to be able to tell the parents the overall costs of the tour, so do you know how much last seasons tickets were.

Would be much appreciated

Thanks

Stuart

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

Hi there,

Whilst we wont be travelling until next february, we need to be able to let the parents know what the overall cost will be, so do you have any idea how much the tickets were for last seasons matches.

Would much appreciate your best guess

Tks

Stuart

TheHague
Level Contributor
928 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

A rough guess would be 15-45 Euros, it depends on whether you want to stand or sit., and where you want to sit.

Fixtures for Bundesliga 1 (Cologne) and Bundesliga 2 (Frankfurt) are published on 21 June, check http://www.dfb.de or http://www.kicker.de

Frankfurt play in a great stadium and also have an amazing atmosphere, however, it might not be so good now that they are relegated to the second division. The German authorities are also considering closing half of the Frankfurt stadium as a punishment for crowd trouble/hooliganism by their fans last season.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FC Koln tickets - how easy are they to buy

While I love the stands in Cologne (absolute brialliant atmosphere) I think seats would be much more appropiate with such a group. So it could be roughly between 20 and 30 Euros

I would actually recommend to contact the club directly, advising what you are doing, they might be able to help out (considering the amount of tickets you require).