We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good cheap places to eat in Cologne

UK
8 posts
Save Topic
Good cheap places to eat in Cologne

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Good cheap places to eat in Cologne

If you like sausage, try one of the street vendors or imbiss. You can get a Bratwurst or my favorite, Krakauer mit brotchen, chips or pommes with curry ketchup and a drink very cheap, and oh so good!

Overall, I think German food is priced very reasonable. Fruh brewery near the cathedral has very good food in the basement or lower floor for a good price. I forget what the dishes are called but they are served in hot black skillets and are very tasty.

Also, Haxenhaus along the Rhine has a main dish called a meter of meat. It is sausage, fried potatoes, and sauerkraut - it's enough for two to share. You can also order a meter of beer.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,856 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good cheap places to eat in Cologne

Cologne is blessed with a huge array of restaurants -- the overwhelming majority of which serve excellent food at very reasonable prices.

You'll find the menu posted by the door, so you can take a look at offerings and prices before you go in.

3. Re: Good cheap places to eat in Cologne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 06, 2009