We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KRUSIUS Cutlery Factory in Solingen, information please!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
356 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
KRUSIUS Cutlery Factory in Solingen, information please!

Can anyone provide any information about this former cutlery factory? Does the building still exist, and if not, where was the location. We will be visiting this April with a family member looking to trace back some history.

Danke!

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KRUSIUS Cutlery Factory in Solingen, information please!

If you scroll a little bit you will find a painture of the former Krusius factory

solingen-internet.de/si-hgw/fabrikansichten2…

and some more infos in this book

books.google.de/books…

And this is the former villa of August Krusius before the WWII

solinger-tageblatt.de/Home/Solingen/Fruehere…

I know that Krusius items are still available but i don´t know where they will be produced. But I´m sure that you will get all requested informations when you are in the town.

Good luck

patara01

New Jersey
Level Contributor
356 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KRUSIUS Cutlery Factory in Solingen, information please!

Thank you for the information! Do you have an street address of where the plant was?

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KRUSIUS Cutlery Factory in Solingen, information please!

Sorry, no, I don´t find an adress. But you can send a mail to the "Stadtarchiv" (municipal archiv), I hope that they can help you with some informations

…solingen.de/C12573970063EF58/…

Good luck

patara01

4. Re: KRUSIUS Cutlery Factory in Solingen, information please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 14, 2015