We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self Service Laundry

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Self Service Laundry

I am going on a Baltic cruise next Month and as the cruise line does not have a self service laundry on board are there any Laundromats near the cruise terminal in Warnemunde?

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self Service Laundry

Did you ever find a self service laundry in Wardemunde? We are gong later this summer.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,659 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Self Service Laundry

There should be one in Warnemünde,

Der SB Waschsalon

Heinrich-Heine-Straße 13

18119 Rostock (Warnemünde)

Rostock-Lichtenhagen (next to this S-Bahn station which is a stop on the route from Wanemünde to Rostock).

www.schnell-u-sauber.de/rostock-klenow-tor/

Rostock

http://diewaschwiesel.de/

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self Service Laundry

Thank you! :)

NYC
Level Contributor
50 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self Service Laundry

Just found this after posting a separate query.

I am slightly confused. this place is in Rostock and not Warnemünde, right? Our cruise ship docks in Warnemünde but when I search on google maps for this laundry shop, it's near the Rostock Cruise Center....thank you for any assistance.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,383 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self Service Laundry

Laundromat was a concern for us before we went on the 13 nights Celebrity Baltic cruise in May 2015, but it turned out totally not needed. We washed our own underwear and socks, they dried very fast on the balcony or in the room. Did it once a day, just few minutes. I made the mistake of bringing 10 days worth of underwear and socks, which are very bulky, most were never used.

None of the Baltic countries are hot, even with whole day of bicycling in Fredericia and Marnemunde, we never once was sweaty.

NYC
Level Contributor
50 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Self Service Laundry

We must have been on the same silhouette cruise ship, had the same exact situation!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,383 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Self Service Laundry

I searched and read all the forums of the ports prior to the cruise, found very little info or none from past cruises, just coming back to them to share some trivia experiences for the future passengers.

That was a nice cruise, wasn't it? I thought I was gong to die from boredom from 13 days and nights in the same room on the same ship, but turned out to be perfect.

NYC
Level Contributor
50 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Self Service Laundry

Next time use cruisecritic com, the tripadvisor eqivalent for cruises. sign up for the sailing roll call and get tons of info!

9. Re: Self Service Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 25, 2016