We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lander tickets for one person?

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
293 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Lander tickets for one person?

We're arriving on a cruise ship, and want to take the train to Rostock and then Wismar ( possibly adding in Schwerin if we have time). I wanted to purchase our train tickets online, to save time at the station. I have figured out how to purchase a lander ticket for five people, but we are six. I obviously need to purchase the lander for five people and then another one for one person? I get a price of thirty two euros for the five, which I know is correct, but when I go back and input the same information but for one person, it gives me a price of ten euros, and I thought it should be twenty euros for one person. What am I doing wrong? If I input a return time on the one person lander it shows a price of twenty euros, but if I do it that way, will it be an all day, any time ticket like the five person lander? Hope this makes sense to someone who can offer some advice!

Thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lander tickets for one person?

> it gives me a price of ten euros, and I thought it should be twenty euros for one person. What am I doing wrong?

Looks like a single ticket for this trip is indeed just 10 Euro.

> If I input a return time on the one person lander it shows a price of twenty euros, but if I do it that way, will it be an all day, any time ticket like the five person lander?

Could be of course also a plain return ticket. Will be shown however in the next step after clicking on [-> Purchase]. Should read there "Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Ticket"

An easier alternative: just query from Schwerin to Stralsund. Here also for 1 person the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Ticket will be shown as a price option already for a single trip. It plays no role what relation you use to get the DB timetable to suggest this ticket. The only important information on the ticket is the date it is valid for. And the number of persons it is good for.

2. Re: Lander tickets for one person?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, May 25, 2012