We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NCL SUN Baltic Cruise ~ August 15, 2011

Which Warnemunde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
71 posts
1,174 reviews
Save Topic
NCL SUN Baltic Cruise ~ August 15, 2011

Hi,

We are signed-up for the Baltic Cruise on the NCL SUN, August 15, 2011.

We are looking for partners to share a non-ship shore excursion from Warnemunde to Berlin on August 16th. We are interested in the Berlin Grand tour offered by Alla Tours (who we will also be using in SPB for a 2 day tour).

Anyone???

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: NCL SUN Baltic Cruise ~ August 15, 2011

A shore excursion trip from Warnemuende to Berlin is always a bit tricky. I suggest you read some of the comments in the "Search" feature of this forum, under Warnmuende to Berlin. The problem is twofold: (1) If you go with the ship-sponsored trip you will have only a short time in Berlin, but a long traim ride. If you ar arranging the trip on your own, going by bus, there is no guarantee that you will be back in time for the ship's departure. It won' wait or you. Travelling on the autobahn these days is fraught with possible delays ("Staus" in German) due to construction.

I would look into visiting some of the places closer to Warenemuende. My wife and I took a day trip to Luebeck, but there are other worthwhile outings

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
71 posts
1,174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NCL SUN Baltic Cruise ~ August 15, 2011

Thanks for the information Treplow, but missing Berlin is NOT an option for us. My travel companion has never been to Berlin and, being a WWII buff, he simply must see some of the sights. Although I have warned him about the travel time to and from Berlin, this may be his only opportunity to see Berlin and he definitely wants to go. It will be a long day but we should still have about 5-6 hours time to tour the sights in Berlin.

I have read tons of reviews on Cruise Critic and it appears that the more reputable tour companies have never had an issue with making it back to the ship on time for departure.The Tour Companies rely on recommendations from previous tour patrons and, if they did not get their passengers back onboard the ship in time for sailing, their reputations would suffer serious damage.

Philadelphia...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: NCL SUN Baltic Cruise ~ August 15, 2011

Hi, can you please let me know the information about tour company. We are going on the same cruise in June.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
71 posts
1,174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NCL SUN Baltic Cruise ~ August 15, 2011

There are already several roll calls over on Cruise Critic for June sailings. Find your particular sail date and there see if anyone is looking for tour share there - there are several reputable tour companies which you can find online:

Alla Tours

SPB Tours

(and several others)

Link to Cruise Critic Roll Call Forum:

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NCL SUN Baltic Cruise ~ August 15, 2011

We shall be on the cruise setting ut on July 28th from Copenhagen..anyone interested in sharing trips then keep me informed. We have a week in a hotel in Copenhagen prior to that embarkation! Aggybray

Houston, TX
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NCL SUN Baltic Cruise ~ August 15, 2011

We are interested in a sharing a private tour in St. Petersburg.August 19th and 20th, 2011

Edited: 12:38 am, June 05, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
71 posts
1,174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NCL SUN Baltic Cruise ~ August 15, 2011

Hi Houston,

Are you sailing on the Norwegian Sun? We already have a small group for tours in SPB and Berlin. You can email me if you are interested.

quim11 at yahoo dot com

8. Re: NCL SUN Baltic Cruise ~ August 15, 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 28, 2012