We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional German Food

Which Warnemunde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traditional German Food

Hello,

I will be in Warnemunde for a day off of a crusie with my family. I was wondering if anyone can recommend some good traditional German restaurants that are centrally located in Warnemunde or Rostock.

Thanks

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional German Food

This site below should give some indication of typical german restaurants,i the area

warnemuende.de/Internet/…w_default.htm

enjoy wih greetings from scotland

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,550 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional German Food

Actually a traditional German cuisine doesn't exist. Germany as a national state was only founded in 1871.

Traditions have the regional cuisines, e.g. the Bavarian, Swabian, Westhpalian and in this case the Mecklenburg-Pommerian cuisine.

The following Wikipedia article is however only available in German

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…BCche

G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
963 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional German Food

Hi,

try to take time for walk along the promenade in Warnemünde and have a breadroll with fish (Fischbrötchen). You can chose between different types of fish, e.g fried or pickled or salted. ("Bismarkhering" is my favourite)

In the many restaurants in Warnemünde (you will be spilt for choice), have some fish dishes. They will be plain but the fish will be freshly caught and just delicious.

Other dishes typical for that region of Germany are everything to do with potatoes and also venison / boar and deer dishes with rich sauces. It is a bit early but just thinking about it makes me hungry!

Also, have some ice cream in one of the many shops in Warnemünde, it is very good (maybe not quite as good as Italian but it comes pretty close)

Enjoy!

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional German Food

Wow thanks all!

I guess, the correct question should have been: Any food recommendations from that part of Germany.

I think the seafood / venison recommendations sound great.

Thanks again!

5. Re: Traditional German Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 27, 2009