We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using public transportation from Bersenbruck to Bremerhaven

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
356 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Using public transportation from Bersenbruck to Bremerhaven

I am travelling in one day from bergenstucke to Bremerhaven to Bremen. Would these three places be considered the same travel zone for the Ticket for 11.30 euro

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,659 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Using public transportation from Bersenbruck to Bremerhaven

Bersenbrück or Bergenstucke ???

> Would these three places be considered the same travel zone for the Ticket for 11.30 euro

Bersenbrück is not inside the VBN local public transport association. And the Euro 11,65 ticket is a single ticket from Bremerhaven to Bremen. Valid 90 minutes.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Bersenbrück

Destination: Bremerhaven Hbf

A ticket covering Bersenbrück - Bremerhaven - Bremen is the Niedersachsen-Ticket. This ticket covers all regional trains in Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony) and Bremen for a day. On weekdays however only past 9am. On Sa, Su and public holidays all day. EUR 22 for 1 person. EUR 26 for 2 persons. Select as means of transport "only local transport" with the DB timetable to exclude connections you cannot use with this ticket.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
356 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using public transportation from Bersenbruck to Bremerhaven

It is becoming clearer now. This ticket Niedersachsen-Ticket. Can be bought from a machine in the bersenbruck station.?When I use the link for online that you left it says fares unavailable

My sincere thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,659 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Using public transportation from Bersenbruck to Bremerhaven

> his ticket Niedersachsen-Ticket. Can be bought from a machine in the bersenbruck station.?

Yes.

> When I use the link for online that you left it says fares unavailable

a) date of travel more than 92 days into the future

b) not exactly the stations I gave in answer #1. For Bersenbrück to Bremerhaven Hbf the DB timetable shows prices. For Bremerhaven Hbf to Bremen Hbf not. As for this trip the VBN tariff applies and not the DB tariff. VBN is however covered by a Niedersachsen-Ticket. Completely - i.e. incl. trams and buses.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Using public transportation from Bersenbruck to Bremerhaven

Hi,

We are traveling from Hamburg to Bremen in September and after reading all your good advice you have posted about the Niedersachsen-Ticket will purchase this for our this trip. I know you have said that we are able to purchase this ticket on the spot but will we be able to purchase it at the St Pauli station? Sorry if this is a silly question but I find the train system confusing.

Then a week later we are taking the train to Berlin and assume I book through the DB Bahn site and choose the most convenient time and least amount of changes? There is no special ticket here to be purchased like the Niedersachsen ticket?

Thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,659 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Using public transportation from Bersenbruck to Bremerhaven

> but will we be able to purchase it at the St Pauli station

To my knowledge it is not available from the ticket machines of the Hochbahn (St. Pauli is a U-Bahn (metro) station operated by the Hochbahn).

You can buy it from the DB ticket machines at the S-Bahn train station, e.g. Landungsbrücken. You can it buy there also in advance - you just have to select a different date.

Or buy it online:

bahn.de/i/…lower-saxony-ticket.shtml

> and choose the most convenient time and least amount of changes? There is no special ticket here to be purchased like the Niedersachsen ticket?

Bremen to Berlin by regional trains is a lengthy affair with a few changes. But there are also specials using regional trains for this.

bahn.de/i/…quer-durchs-land-ticket.shtml

bahn.de/i/…happy_weekend_ticket.shtml

My recommendation is however to use long distance trains and buy a discounted special for this trip in advance (from 92 days in advance possible). Note that the specials for long distance trains are limited in numbers and sell fast.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Using public transportation from Bersenbruck to Bremerhaven

Thank you very much for your advice.

7. Re: Using public transportation from Bersenbruck to Bremerhaven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 13, 2016