We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tubingen near Hanau

New Jersey
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Tubingen near Hanau

Since I wrote first I have found we are not going to that area but instead Tubingen near Hanau. I am finding out this is a senic, area to visit and there is a zoo and castle nearby also. Could anyone point me in the local hotels to stay at? We have been advised to rent a car to better enjoy viewing the area. I am thinking we would do this at Frankfurt airport. Any suggestions? Also I believe it is about a 30 minute drive. What are the roads like? Highway mostly? How congested is the driving? I am having a hard time finding hotels in Tubingen. How far away are most hotels located. I am thinking a 10 mile drive each day (we are going to be going to Tubingen each day. Thanks.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,330 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tubingen near Hanau

???

There is no Tubingen near Hanau.

There is no "Tubingen" in Germany anyway. All we have is a town named Tübingen/Tuebingen which is situated in Baden-Württemberg south of Stuttgart.

Are you talking about Büdingen, maybe?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,652 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tubingen near Hanau

Blandine, good lateral thinking! Former US army base at Büdingen, maybe that is the place.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,330 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tubingen near Hanau

Well, once upon a time I used to live in that area...

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,043 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tubingen near Hanau

As we in the mean time know it should have read Büdingen:

http://www.buedingen-touristik.de

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,652 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tubingen near Hanau

Yes I lived in Gelnhausen for a year but didn't think of transposing the letters even so, just knew Tubingen wasn't familiar.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,046 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tubingen near Hanau

Oh those Celtic place names!!!!!

7. Re: Tubingen near Hanau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, October 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hanau
Recent Conversations
More Hanau Topics