We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt (FRA) terminal 2 to Frankfurt (Main) Hbf

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Frankfurt (FRA) terminal 2 to Frankfurt (Main) Hbf

My flight arrives at 08:30 in terminal 2 and my ideal train leaves Hbf at 09:58. Is this possible with having to go through customs?

Also, would it be best to take a car from terminal 2 since there are no trains there?

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt (FRA) terminal 2 to Frankfurt (Main) Hbf

VERY tight! If you knew your way around you could just make it, I doubt it though. It would definitely save a few minutes if you took a taxi to Hauptbahnhof - if traffic is not too bad.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt (FRA) terminal 2 to Frankfurt (Main) Hbf

There aren't really any customs in Frankfurt, just passport control.

Much depends on where you are arriving from. Check your flights, are they usually on time, early or late?

Which day of the week will you be arriving? If you plan on a taxi, then Sunday is going to be easier than a Monday. Date? If there is a trade fair going on, the traffic is worse, or if it is the last day of summer vacation.

Have you checked to see if your train also stops at the airport?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankfurt (FRA) terminal 2 to Frankfurt (Main) Hbf

Are you sure you need to take a train from the Hbf? Put your journey in to the bahn.de travel planner starting from the airport and it may well give you a more direct route.

I have frequently done 1 hour from T2 plane to airport station but I have an EEC passport and I know where I am going.

Fort Worth, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Frankfurt (FRA) terminal 2 to Frankfurt (Main) Hbf

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate the questions you are asking back, it is helping me plan ahead.

I checked bahn.de and this particular train does not have an intermediate stop at the airport.

I did notice that it has the train leaving from platform 8. I will continue to follow the train to see if that changes.

My arrival is on a Tuesday. Do you think a taxi from Terminal 2 to the train station would be best?

The flight is on American and it does not have a great on time rate, but hopefully we get lucky.

I have a backup plan, but this train would be ideal. Is there anything else I should look into or consider?

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frankfurt (FRA) terminal 2 to Frankfurt (Main) Hbf

See if AA offers rail and fly that way you can take any train on the day you land to your destination, I wouldn't book a savers fare because if you don't make it you loose your ticket and have to buy a new one.

There is the sky train at T2 going to T1 but it's a very long way to walk on both ends, if you get lucky and a bus leaves to T1 when you get out of the airport you could make it by train.

Under the best conditions a taxi needs 17 mins.

6. Re: Frankfurt (FRA) terminal 2 to Frankfurt (Main) Hbf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 30, 2015