We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning layover- Where to find apfelwein?

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning layover- Where to find apfelwein?

My wife and I will be arriving in Frankfurt in a few weeks early morning for a layover between 6:25am and 13:35. Our plan is to take the train into town and walk around until Klein Markt Halle opens up at 8am for breakfast. Are there any places nearby open early enough that serve we can try apfelwein while we are in town? Will there be vendor stalls inside Klein Markt Halle that serve apfelwein? Since we are flying out at 13:35 to Athens, I'm assuming we should head back to the airport no later than 11:30am.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
7,169 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning layover- Where to find apfelwein?

While it is not the custom to have Apfelwein for breakfast I'm sure they will happily serve it anytime at Markt-Stubb. The small restaurant is located on the upper gallery floor of the Kleinmarkthalle and opens at 9am. http://www.marktstubb.de/index.php

You can also buy Apfelwein in any supermarket in Frankfurt or in the food department of Kaufhof at Hauptwache (lower level).

Edited: 4:06 pm, June 09, 2014
2. Re: Early morning layover- Where to find apfelwein?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 11, 2015