We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FRA to Neiderrad Station

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
FRA to Neiderrad Station

I have never flown into FRA. I usually fly into Koeln/Bonn and take a train because I have friends in Bonn. This time I'm flying into FRA so I'm looking at the bahn map and it looks to me like the Neiderrad station is only 2 stops from the airport. Is that true?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FRA to Neiderrad Station

yes, that's true

Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FRA to Neiderrad Station

Vielen dank, Quiltneedle.

I assume a taxi would be much more expensive than a 15 Euro group ticket for the three of us. We need to get a bus or tram to the hotel. I have never looked up information on buses or trams. Is there a section for that on the bahn.de website?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FRA to Neiderrad Station

have a look at rmv, that's the local public transport provider

http://www.rmv.de/en/

You take the s-bahn at the airport, get off at Niederrad Bahnhof (station) and get onto a bus to Bürostadt where your hotel is located.

To be honest, after a transatlantiv flight I'd enjoy the luxury of a taxi, it's maybe 10€ more than your group ticket.

Edited: 5:29 pm, March 13, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FRA to Neiderrad Station

it's not a bus but a tram..

Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FRA to Neiderrad Station

It would only be 25 Euros? Wow. I thought it would have been much more. My only experience with a taxi in Germany was in Frankfurt and it was bad. A trip from the Interconti to Waldstadion/Commerze Bank arena was more than 50 Euros. And that was almost 10 years ago. I had a feeling the cabi was trying to run up the meter. It was my first time in Frankfurt and even I knew he was going the wrong way.

Yes, that's a great idea to get a cab for the ride to the hotel. I talked to my traveling companions last night. If we split the cost of the cab three ways it works out to only $11 or so. We all agreed it would be worth it. :-)

Frankfurt
Level Contributor
536 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FRA to Neiderrad Station

Interconti to the Waldstadion for 50 EUR? I think your taxi driver must have taken you on very long tour. Even today that is only about 15 EUR.

Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FRA to Neiderrad Station

You got that right! I kept telling him where to turn and he kept saying the road was closed for construction or other excuses like that. I knew he was lying because I had been on the same streets earlier.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FRA to Neiderrad Station

When I lived in Sachenhausen, I paid around € 30 for a cab to the airport - Niederrad is much closer.

PS Taxi-Rechner says 19 € from the airport to Niederrad during daytime www.taxi-rechner.de/lokal.php…

Edited: 5:21 pm, March 14, 2014
Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FRA to Neiderrad Station

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

10. Re: FRA to Neiderrad Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 16, 2015