We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transiting in Frankfurt airport. Need information.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Transiting in Frankfurt airport. Need information.

Hi everyone. I will fly from Montego Bay to Frankfurt with Condor Air then I will continue to Istanbul Sahiba with Turkish Airlines. I am an Indonesian passport holder without having Schengen visa.

My question is, is it possible to get this connection, since this is not the same airlines which mean that I need to take my luggage then pass immigration and I do not have the visa.

Can somebody help me?? Thank you very much.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transiting in Frankfurt airport. Need information.

You will stay within the transit area and not enter Germany.

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transiting in Frankfurt airport. Need information.

As far as I know you should be able to stay airside, so no visa needed, better ask this question at the air travel forum, there you find people who connect through FRA.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,689 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transiting in Frankfurt airport. Need information.

You should contact both the German consulate where you live and the airlines (Condor) to see if this is possible. I don't know about Indonesia, but citizens of some countries need visas just to transit airports even when they never officially enter the country through immigration. If the airlines won't do a transfer of luggage between them, you probably will have to enter Germany to pick-up your luggage, and if Turkish Airlines doesn't have a transfer desk and/or agent airside, you'd also have to enter Germany to check-in for your flight. Condor should be able to tell you if this is possible, as they shouldn't sell you this ticket and let you board your originating flight as they are fined and are liable if they have to repatriate you on the next flight back to Jamaica.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
7,872 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transiting in Frankfurt airport. Need information.

Ask Condor. If they can check your luggage through onto the TK flight you will not have to leave the transit area in Frankfurt.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transiting in Frankfurt airport. Need information.

According to Wikipedia - so don't place 100% reliance on it - Condor doesn't have a formal interline agreement with TK so they will not be able to check your luggage through to SAW **IF** you are travelling on two separate tickets. If you are travelling on a single ticket, ask Condor about through-checking.

6. Re: Transiting in Frankfurt airport. Need information.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 20, 2014