We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Frankfurt to Paris

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Frankfurt to Paris

The winter schedule for trains was just released - and I am trying to book a seat on Dec 18 from Frankfurt to Paris. When I select the time/fare I want, I am prompted to complete all the info, including my payment info. Everything seems to be fine - and then I get a message saying the train is sold out....even though the seats were just released a few minutes ago! I've tried using Bahn site - and get the sold out message. Then I tried Captain Train site and all is fine up to entering payment info - and then I get an error message. Does anyone know why it's impossible to buy a ticket? I've tried other time departures and get the same messages (sold out or error). Help?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Frankfurt to Paris

That's most likely an error.

Try again in a few hours.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Frankfurt to Paris

The same thing happened a few weeks ago when I tried to book a train from Paris to Nice. None of the sites are letting me book train tickets online, with the exception of OBB. I wonder if it has anything to do with using a Canadian credit card. I've been missing out on the cheaper advance tickets! Frustrating!

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Frankfurt to Paris

Check the first reply in this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187309-i118-k6919… - you are probably facing just the same problem here. Since it is past 7 a.m. now, the train should be open for booking now. Try again.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Frankfurt to Paris

thanks but I first started trying after 7am and the same thing keeps happening....I've tried using 3 different sites. It may have something to do with using a foreign credit card, although last year I managed to book online without too many problems.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Frankfurt to Paris

Vancouver is 9 hours behind Germany, so perhaps waiting until after 09:00 here will make a difference?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Frankfurt to Paris

I ended up calling the Bahn line in Germany and an agent managed to book a seat on a later train for me. The train I wanted sold out very quickly, even though I started trying to book online as soon as the winter schedule was released. Trains are obviously very busy during the week leading up to Christmas!

7. Re: Train from Frankfurt to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 19, 2014