We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in Frankfurt

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights in Frankfurt

Hi TA,

Would appreciate some prompt advice from all, as this was also a very last minute decision to extend our stay.

This is our first trip to Frankfurt. We will be landing back in Frankfurt on 20 Oct, after ending our Eastern Europe tour with Trafalgar. We plan to stay 3 nights in Frankfurt, from 20 - 23 Oct.

I am so amazed by the hotel price shoot up tremendously on the 21 - 23 Oct (like USD125/nite on Sun, USD450/nite on Mon & Tues). Some of the business hotel increased from USD70 - USD600 on the 22 Oct.

We have a full day tour to Rhine Valley and Heidelberg on 21 Oct and planning for Wertheim Village shopping on the last day on 22 Oct.

After checking quite many hotels, I have selected either Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof or Liv'in Residence by Fleming Bleichstrasse for the 20th and 21st nights since we will walk around Zeil street & vicinity on 21st Oct. Most hotel in the city were sold out on 22nd night. Can I hear some suggestions of these 2 hotels?

On the last day, should we stay somewhere near the airport? or Outskirt? We also consider if there are any public transport to Wertheim Village to and from the hotel?

Appreciate any suggestions and advice.

Thks,

Nitetingale

(KL, Malaysia)

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights in Frankfurt

The hotel prices are due to internationl trade fairs taking place at that time. I would prefer Fleming's simply based on the location, it's only a short walk to Zeil, Hauptwache, Fressgass etc.

You can take a train to Wertheim Village, ICE to Wertheim and then a bus to Wertheim Village

www.bahn.de/i/view/overseas/en/index.shtml

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights in Frankfurt

I too have had the misfortune of trying to get a hotel room in Germany when a trade fair was on. And I lived in an apartment house in Frankfurt which rented out large closets during the fairs for businessmen in need of simple places to stay. So the question is - why stay in Frankfurt at all? The guys (including women) who go to the trade fairs sometimes stay an hour away by train to beat the high hotel rates. Just keep going out of Frankfurt until the room rates are reasonable. Of course you have to include the costs of the train tickets, but if you buy in advance for a praticular train, you can save a LOT. So try Mainz, Speyer, Worms, Heidelberg even Bonn or Cologne. Wuerzburg. Perhaps you will find something outside the range of the trade fair. There are great towns within 60-90 minutes of Frankfurt which are more tyupically German than Frankfurt.

3. Re: 3 nights in Frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 27, 2014