We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Hauptbahnhof to Bad Homberg

Salt Lake City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from Hauptbahnhof to Bad Homberg

Does anyone know how much it would cost to take a taxi from the main train station to Bad Homberg? I will be getting there late on a bus from Frankfurt/Hahn and will likely miss the last train.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,838 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from Hauptbahnhof to Bad Homberg

There is an S-bahn at 23:24, and one at 00:24. What time does your bus get in from Hahn?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16,273 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from Hauptbahnhof to Bad Homberg

The S-Bahn takes just a little over 20 minutes directly to Bad Homburg, this will your best option for sure

Salt Lake City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from Hauptbahnhof to Bad Homberg

I arrive at Frankfurt/Hahn at 21:10. The bus to the main train station takes 2 hours. Even if I get the bus straightaway, I'm not sure I can purchase my ticket and find the correct platform by the time the last train goes to Bad Homberg. (I am not familiar with Hauptbahnhof, which I understand is very large and busy.)

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,838 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from Hauptbahnhof to Bad Homberg

Hahn should go quick. That time of night, the bus shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours, getting you to the train station with time to spare, especially for that last train at 00:24.

This S-bahn leaves from under the train station, track 103. The ticket machines switch to English and are easy to use. Just make sure you have some small bills, like a 5 euro bill or some coins.

Salt Lake City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from Hauptbahnhof to Bad Homberg

Really helpful! Thanks!

Frankfurt
Level Contributor
543 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fare from Hauptbahnhof to Bad Homberg

I am guessing that a taxi will cost about 35-45 EUR. Bad Homburg is also quite spread out so it will also depend on where exactly you want to go.

Salt Lake City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi fare from Hauptbahnhof to Bad Homberg

Thanks. That will have to be my Plan B.

8. Re: Taxi fare from Hauptbahnhof to Bad Homberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 20, 2014