We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Center Hotel

old bridge,new...
Level Contributor
693 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
City Center Hotel

Hi, Can anyone help with a city center hotel, medium priced, clean and close to the sights. We will be arriving on a Saturday and staying until Monday where our tour begins at the Sheraton Congress. I looked up the Sheraton Congress and see it is around 20 min. from the city center. I would like something closer in. We would like to do the hop on hop off bus for Sunday if possible. Monday late in the day we head over to the other hotel. I know it is a lot, but I like walking around the city day and night and dont want to do taxis and trains for those two days.

Also, nothing to do with the above, TA has been helpful in naming some areas to relax in around Frankfurt with pools. Are there any lake villages or towns with beautiful settings to relax in and also close to the airport since we have a 6:30 am flight out on a Sat. morning.

Bad Homburg didnt look like it had outdoor pools, Wiesbaten looked nice as well, not sure how far from airport. Please help, we are leaving in one month, I usually do everything myself, but have become overwhelmed this trip for some reason. Thank you in advance, Mamacat58

Mentioned in this post
Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel
Sheraton Frankfurt...
590 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Frankfurt on Foot Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Gray Line Frankfurt Sightseeing
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Center Hotel

Have a look at these hotels:

Near the North exit, would be the Hamburger Hof, Bristol Hotel, or the Pure. Near the South exit, and quite budget too, are the Excelsior and Hotel Monopol. Right on the Main, and about a 5-10 min. walk from the train station would be the Ibis City Center. You might also look at the Holiday Inn Express Hauptbahnhof, Hotel Victoria, Hotel Nizza, or Adina Apts. These are all central, and close to everything, including downtown, shopping, historic sites and the train station.

Airport is 11 min. away from the main train station.

Have you read the reviews for the Hop on Hop off buses yet? You can find them at the top of your screen, under Things to Do. If it has to be a bus tour rather than a walking tour, pick the red ones and not the blue ones. The blue ones are ETS and not recommended at all.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Hamburger Hof
Hotel Hamburger Hof
792 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
The Pure
The Pure
657 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
Hotel Monopol
Hotel Monopol
621 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
Victoria Hotel
Victoria Hotel
543 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
old bridge,new...
Level Contributor
693 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Center Hotel

Are any of the hotels mentioned above near somewhere close to ( in Rome would be Piazza de Navona, a popular square to sit, and people watch) a square or similar of what I just mentioned. I like to be in the midst of a popular area. Thank you for the tip on the HOHO bus, I will only do the red stops.. If the HOHO bus does nothing else, it will give us an idea of the city and the different locations. A look around. We are going on a Globus tour that Monday.

Thank you again, Bornheimgirl

Any suggestions for our 2 day weekend to unwind before leaving for the states?

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Hotel Navona
Hotel Navona
1,178 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Center Hotel

You could sit in the Romerplatz, which is the square you most often see of Frankfurt, sit along the river, perhaps on one of the cafe' boats, sit at the Alte Oper square, sit at any cafe' along the Fressgasse, sit at the Paulsplatz, which is right next to the Roermer, sit in Sachsenhausen at any applewine garden you choose, (I like the one at Dauth Schneider) or go to the Berger Strasse in Bornheim and sit at any of the sidewalk cafes. If it is one of the market days, like Thur. Fri. or Sat. you could sit at one of the fest tables, and have some Riesling from the Rhine, or an applewine. Thur. and Sat. the market is at the Konstablerwache, and on Fri. near the Stock Exchange. These are all central. The entire downtown area is walkable and easy to reach.

Roemer, Paulsplatz, Alte Oper, Fressgasse, or the Main, are all very central and about a 15 min. walk from the main train station.

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Oper Frankfurt
Oper Frankfurt
267 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
Sachsenhausen
Sachsenhausen
520 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
Dauth-Schneider
Dauth-Schneider
358 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
old bridge,new...
Level Contributor
693 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Center Hotel

Thank you for all your info, I appreciate it, I will look into those Hotels then..

old bridge,new...
Level Contributor
693 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City Center Hotel

So, are all the mentioned hotels above, close to all the places you mention in this post? Within walking distance? Thank you, I am about to research them all to see which i like best, but your experience is worth a thousand words and minutes.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City Center Hotel

Yes, they are all central. Also have a look at the Flemings City, as it overlooks the park that surrounds downtown Frankfurt. NH hotel is also fairly central, just a block away from the Westin and 2 blocks from the Zeil.

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
7. Re: City Center Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 09, 2014