We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

Hello, I am travelling with a group of 100 people to leipzig from Frankfurt by road & wanted to know if some places / restaurant are available enroute where i can stop & have lunch for all 100 people & it should be decent ..

Bautzen, Germany
Level Contributor
814 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

Do you travel by car or bus, and would you like to stay close to the Autobahn or is driving into a town some kilometers away from the Autobahn OK?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,649 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

Bus or a 20 car convoy?

If you are travelling by bus, I am sure the driver will know of somewhere that can cater for this number of people ... have you checked with the bus company?

Pune, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

Hey Thanks, I am travelling by bus, & i am sure that's a right guide to ask the bus fellows, In mean while would you be aware of the rough expenditure per person for a decent meal ..

Pune, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

Hey Thanks,

I have my arrival at 0930 at frankfurt Airport & then we will drive by Bus to Leipzig & enroute after about 1 - 2 hours of drive from Frankfurt, we wanted to stop over for some Lunch , so we wanted some nice restaurant enroute to Leipzig on main highway & not moving to any city inside as then we will waste some time & we have to reach F"furt by 1400 Hrs ..

See ya ..

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,477 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

Do I understand correctly - you arrive in Frankfurt at 9.30, then you want to drive to Leipzig and be back in Frankfurt by 14.00 the same day? This is impossible.

Or is it arriving in Leipzig by 14.00? This is doable but very tight. You cannot rely on clear roads. For lunch, the roadhouses along the highway are the only option because of your time restrictions. Do not expect good restaurants there, though. A group this size (two busloads as a standard coach seats about 50 people) will require a reservation.

Edited: 12:22 pm, March 03, 2013
Pune, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

Oh I am sorry !! you are right i arrive at F'furt at 0930 & have to reach Leipzig by 1400 hrs,

with regards to the road houses you think they can mange 80 - 90 people if we do our reservation with them in prior ? & just in case we need to move our buses in one of the city for good restaurant - approximately how much should it cost & apppro how much time will it take driving from F'furt to Leipzig inclusive of lunch time ..

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,477 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

The distance is roughly 400 kms. Due to the speed limit for buses you are in theory facing a driving time of about 4:30 hours if the roads are clear, which they rarely are. Every congestion, traffic jam, construction site will add more time, also add time for the necessary stops the driver has to make. In other words, you have zero time for a lunch break and you'll hardly make it in time.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,910 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

> Oh I am sorry !! you are right i arrive at F'furt at 0930 & have to reach Leipzig by 1400 hrs,

Also this is impossible.

With 80-90 persons you should be happy if you can leave Frankfurt Airport by bus 1,5 hours after arrival. Thus at 11:00.

Travel time by bus is 4,5 hours. Plus the compulsory 0,5 h break. And without any traffic problems.

Thus your earliest theoretical possible arrival time is around 16:00. More realistic is to expect something towards 17:00. And with a lunch break it will be towards 18:00.

> with regards to the road houses you think they can mange 80 - 90 people if we do our reservation with them in prior

Most can do this easily without any advanced reservation. The service stations along the autobahns are normally self service.

Restaurants which accept buses haven often an own menu for bus groups. Here I found one in German and English

italienisches-doerfchen.de/CMS/tinymce/jscri…

Note that beverages are extra. To offer free tap water is in Germany not common at all.

But you really HAVE TO talk with the bus companies on this. If we do a tour for a group by bus we always ask for the recommendations of the bus company on things like routing and where to stop/eat. And we nearly always stick to these.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,477 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

If 9:30 is indeed the time your plane lands, not the time you are ready to leave the airport, the situation is indeed even more complicated. There is only one way: adjusting your group's schedule to reality, i.e. postponing your scheduled arrival time in Leipzig to no earlier than 18.00.

10. Re: good Restaurants enroute to Leipziz from Frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 05, 2014