We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campervan from Frankfurt to barcelona

Mooloolaba...
7 posts
Save Topic
Campervan from Frankfurt to barcelona

Can someone provide me with a proposed road trip from Franfurt Germany to Barcelona taking in as many countries as possible and country towns to be done in say 10-14 days in a campervan. Looking for interesting sites and towns

Bautzen, Germany
Level Contributor
814 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Campervan from Frankfurt to barcelona

I can understand that you want to see a lot in just 2 weeks, but trying to add as many countries as possible only means that you will spend most of your time on highways, which often also cost money. Renting a camperfan gives you the chance to see the "true" Europe, and not just the big cities most other tourists see. So, slow down, stay away from the highways and foget the "as many countries as possible"- idea. There is so much to see, you could already spend a month on the most direct route. How about this:

Frankfurt - Worms - Heidelberg - Strasbourg - Selestat - Riquewihr - Colmar - Besancon - Dijon - Beaune - Bourg-en-Bresse (Brou) - Orange - Avignon - Arles - Pont-du-Gard - Nimes - Carcasonne - Costa Brava - Girona - Barcelona

All these places are on the direct route.

Edited: 11:58 am, November 17, 2012
Mooloolaba...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Campervan from Frankfurt to barcelona

Many thanks for your reply. Are these small towns and which country are they in. I would prefer to stay away from highways and big cities preferring smaller towns and contry side. Does you itinerary meet that criteria. Again thanks heaps

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campervan from Frankfurt to barcelona

The only country between Germany and Spain is France!

The towns listed are both small and large ,I suggest you look them up to see what appeals. Also have a look at www.viamichelin.com select tourist route ,it will give a wide selection of places

Bautzen, Germany
Level Contributor
814 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Campervan from Frankfurt to barcelona

Well, theoretically you could drive from Germany to Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy, France, Monaco, Andorra and Spain... ;-)

I often do campervan trips myself, and would spend between 3 and 4 weeks on the most direct route, with longer stays in Alsace and the Provence.

5. Re: Campervan from Frankfurt to barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, December 16, 2013