We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train trip from Frankfurt to Hannover, Germany

Dhaka City...
2 posts
Save Topic
Train trip from Frankfurt to Hannover, Germany

I'm a businessman & from asia & this is my first Europe tour. I main destination is Hannover, Germany to attend the Eurotier show but I couldn't manage any direct flight that's why I issue my air ticket to Frankfrut & will reach at 13.20 of 12 Nov '12. So pls let me advice that what will be very convenient for me to go to Hannover from Frankfurt. If the train is the better way then how I'll go from airport to train station means it is too much distance. Are the tickets usually available on that time? or how can I buy an e-ticket by my credit card & get the copy by my mail.

Rgds

Sayeed Sarwar, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train trip from Frankfurt to Hannover, Germany

http://www.bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml put in Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof to Hannover Hbf, there is a direct train at 4:42 pm others leave earlier but you have to change trains eighther at Frankfurt Hbf (main trainstation or Fulda), costs 86,-- € and takes between 2:35 and 3:35 hours.

frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airp… here is a plan of the terminal, the trainstations are at B.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,587 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train trip from Frankfurt to Hannover, Germany

> how I'll go from airport to train station

The airport has its own train station. To get to Hannover you have to go to the Fernbahnhof (long distance train station) which is a building connected by indoor walkways with Terminal 1.

Actually you should be able to make it on the 14:42 direct train to Hannover. If you buy the ticket for EUR 86,00 online you can print it out immediately. And ask for a copy by email. With this ticket you can take any train from Frankfurt Airport to Hannover.

Dhaka City...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train trip from Frankfurt to Hannover, Germany

Dear Abalada, thx a lot & clearly understood; I'm extremely happy & thx again for Ur kind support!

Warm rgds

Sayeed Sarwar

India
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train trip from Frankfurt to Hannover, Germany

Hi,

I am S.K.Chakraborty from India.During April 2013,to attend an Industrail fair at Hannover Messe,I along with three of my colleagues wiil be in Laatzen,Hannover.After the fair we shall be proceeding to Icelend from Frankfurt Main Airport.

Can anyone guide us to reach Frankfurt Airport Railway station from Hannover Hbf?Our flight from Frankfurt is at 14.00 hrson 13.04.2012.We are 04 adults and wish to travel togeter.What are the best and economical option for the above?Apart from train can we hire a cab directly from the apartment in Laatzen,Haanover to Franfurt Airport?If so,what will be fare, time and procedure for the booking?

Earliest response is solicited.

Thanks & best reagrs.

S.K.Chakraborty

Kolkata,India

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train trip from Frankfurt to Hannover, Germany

http://www.bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml use this link after January 12th 2013, that is the date tickets go on sale, put in Hannover Messe/Laatzen to Frankfurt Flugh, ticket is 39,-- € per person if booked early, 86,-- € regular fare.

I have no idea how much a cab would cost and if they even would do such a long trip, renting a car in Hannover and droping it off at the airport might be cheaper.

6. Re: Train trip from Frankfurt to Hannover, Germany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 29, 2013