We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Frankfurt

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
433 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Frankfurt

Arriving in Frankfurt 1st December departing 3rd at 8pm. I want to see the Frankfurt Christmas markets. Can anyone suggest another tour to take. Also where is the best place to do some shopping, or window shopping.

Plan on staying in a holiday Inn hotel but not sure what one, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

cb

Level Contributor
19 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Frankfurt

I did the Frankfurt on Foot walking tour and it was great, I highly recommend it. The Hauptwache Markt area is a good central location to be based - the major shopping district branches off of the marketplace, and it is a short walk to the old town and river area as well. It was about a 15 minute to the Hauptbahnhof. We stayed at the Hotel Zentrum Hauptwache which wasn't fancy by any means, but the location was perfect. The best Holiday Inn for you location-wise is probably the Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, but I didn't think the area right near the Hbf was particularly nice.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
643 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Frankfurt

Above, after "Search in", type: holiday inn express You will find that it is in the downtown center.

Above after "Search in", type: zeil shopping Lots of stores there and around.

Google: kleinmarkethall, frankfurt germany An indoor food market that is really great, you should see, and downtown.

3. Re: 2 days in Frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 05, 2013