We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a weekly ticket at Hauptbahnhof?

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buying a weekly ticket at Hauptbahnhof?

I would rather prefer buying a weekly ticket at a kiosk or something than giving a ticket machine a 50€ bill. Is it possible to buy a weekly ticket for RMV at the tourist info at Hauptbanhof?

Thanks!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,140 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a weekly ticket at Hauptbahnhof?

rmv.de/en/…Wochenkarte_Erwachsene.html

Single ticket for Frankfurt (without Frankfurt Airport) is EUR 23,10.

You could buy from ticket machines and pay with EUR 25 or EUR 30 in notes. Changes is given back in coins only.

To my knowledge you cannot buy from the tourist office but at some counters at the DB travel center at Hauptbahnhof marked with a RMV logo.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying a weekly ticket at Hauptbahnhof?

I'm aware of that but I need to buy 2 weekly tickets so a 50€ bill is needed. I don't feel comfortable giving a ticket machine so much money ^^

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,780 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying a weekly ticket at Hauptbahnhof?

I wonder what you think it might do with your banknote, other than process it in the normal manner, especially since your tickets will cost approximately €50 anyway.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,140 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying a weekly ticket at Hauptbahnhof?

The question is rather if the ticket machines will accept an Euro 50 note at all for a ticket which is EUR 23,10. If you have selected a ticket the DB ticket machines at the Hauptbahnhof will show you what means of payment are possible. Incl. what Euro bank notes will/can be accepted. If the machine will accept also Euro 50 notes it will have enough coins to give you back your change.

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying a weekly ticket at Hauptbahnhof?

You could also change the 50 € note into 2 20,-- € and some change, often the max. is a 20,-- € note, not sure about the Hbf.

6. Re: Buying a weekly ticket at Hauptbahnhof?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 15, 2013