We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Road and Bavaria Itinerary

Indore, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Road and Bavaria Itinerary

Me and My wife (we are in our early 30s) are planning a trip to the region for around 9 or 10 days in last week of Sept/First week of October.

We plan to cover the following places

- Frankfurt (I think landing into Frankfurt and leaving out of Salzburg would be good). No plan to travel in Frankfurt

- Rhine ???

- Rothenburg

- Baden Baden (via Heidelberg)

- Freiburg (titisee lake)

- Fussen

- Linderhof Palace

- Munich (quick visit to the Oktoberfest)

- Salzburg

Is this sequence proper or you suggest some other sequence? It'd be great if you can recommend at what all places I should stop by for the night and for how many days.

This would be of great help, thanks.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Road and Bavaria Itinerary

It's a lot for 10 days. Too much. We've been to all these but never in one trip. Frankfurt itself is worth at least a day and night. Stop at Schloss Favorite outside of Rastatt on the way from Heidelberg to Baden-Baden. Rothenburg is worth an hour or two but out of your way - if you do go there drop something else and also hit Wurzburg. Fussen is relaxing but this schedule doesn't seem to be about relaxing much. Salzburg is cute but better connections out of Munich I'd think. If at all possible add a couple of days to the trip - it will make a world of difference.

Indore, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Road and Bavaria Itinerary

Thanks DeainATL -- I guess you are right about this being a bit too much. Unfortunately we can't add more days to our trip though we can certainly reduce some things from there.

What would you suggest for that? If we remove Salzburg would that be better?

Indore, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Road and Bavaria Itinerary

What if I plan the stay like this

Rothenburg for 2 Nights (I understand you are saying that 2 would be a bit too much but maybe I was thinking that since we will be flying from India to Frankfurt this itself would be a little tiring and the first day would be just spent sleeping)

Baden-Baden or anywhere around for 3 Nights (here we plan to cover Europa Park also if possible)

Area close to Munich for around 2-3 Nights (this would be at the time of Oktoberfest. We do not drink beer/alcohol but still would love to see things for a few hours there)

Finally Salzburg for around 2 Nights

Based on this can you please suggest if this is the right plan and order or if you'd suggest some changes ?

4. Re: Romantic Road and Bavaria Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, November 18, 2012
5. Re: Romantic Road and Bavaria Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 17, 2013