We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt airport

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
Level Contributor
305 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Frankfurt airport

Hello everybody,

We have just returned from a 5 week trip to Italy and Paris.

On our way to Rome from Singapore we had to transit and Frankfurt airport.

We arrived very tired, got off the plane and didn't have a clue where to go.

The airport is huge, people are so unhelpful. My husband asked 2 or 3 people, for help they didn't give a toss.

One man in a red coat spoke to my husband like he was an idiot.

If people are so rude they are not very good ambassadors for their country. I was so upset I felt like bawling, we had to go on travelator after travelator before we finally found our connecting flight it was horrible. I really did dread going back to Frankfurt on our home wood leg after being in Paris, fortunately we coped a bit better but by the time we reached Tokyo we were exhausted. We arrived in the morning after having no night ended up crashing for the rest of the day when we arrived in Tokyo.

Next time we go to Europe we will make sure we don't go via Frankfurt.

Ottawa
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Frankfurt airport

I must agree, last week when departing Frankfurt airport, I asked one of the customs agents at passport control where the customs office was, he simply said "not here" and then I asked "could you please tell me where it is?" and he replied in a very rude way "look for the sign" and turned his head and looked up... as if he wanted to make it look like he really didn't care and wanted to ignore me. I have never met such a rude person, and it seemed like he went out of his way to appear rude. I was extremly shocked by this behavior and it left me with a very negative final impression of Frankfurt Airport.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Frankfurt airport

I must agree - I simply hate flying into or out of FRA. I fly to Europe several times a year and frequently into Germany. Without fail, my experiences at FRA have been simply awful. They've been so bad, in fact, that I now avoid this particular airport like the plague and fly into other airports (such as DUS) instead if doing so is an option. Not that service there is any better but since other airports tend to be smaller, it's a lot easier to find your way without having to beg ('cause that's what it feels like) for help.

I am quite aware that the idea of customer service is still in it's infancy in Germany but Frankfurt airport certainly takes the cake. Indeed, these people are very bad ambassadors for their country and culture.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Frankfurt airport

Kiwi4, sorry to hear that you had to go through such a rough experience esp. on your vacation.

usually if i have questions i would refer to the information center. Is there one at the Frankfurt airport? I will be going to Detroit from Katowice, Poland via Frankfurt and only 1.5hrs in transit. I wouldn't want to stress about getting lost at the airport during that time.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,152 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Frankfurt airport

I agree that Frankfurt airport people aren't that friendly, but in many other major airports they aren't either. If you are concerned about anything at the airport, why not go to www.frankfurt-airport.de, click on the English option, and there you may find what you are looking for. Probably a good thing to do anywhere in the world where you don't speak their language.

Lompoc, California
Level Contributor
354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Frankfurt airport

There are several info centers at the Frankfurt AP. The website for the FRA transfer info page is airportcity-frankfurt.com/cms/default/rubrik…

It should answer most questions. To the left on that page are a number of other items you can select, including terminal maps.

16. Re: Frankfurt airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, September 13, 2009