We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

darmstadt to frankfurt

Al Sharjah...
1 post
Save Topic
darmstadt to frankfurt

hi friends i am planning to travel to Frankfurt next week. but i have arranged my stay at Darmstadt. can anyone suggest me the best and cheapest transportation to frankfurt.

Mathildenhoehe
Architectural Buildings, History Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Russian Orthodox Church of St. Mary Magdalene
Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Waldspirale
Points of Interest & Landmarks
5 replies to this topic
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,044 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: darmstadt to frankfurt

www.rmv.de

To: [street, no.], Frankfurt

Tarragona...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: darmstadt to frankfurt

Hi friends, I intend to attend a conference in Darmstadt, is it possible to commute daily from franfurt? and if yes , where is the best destination to book an hotel?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,037 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: darmstadt to frankfurt

> where is the best destination to book an hotel?

Darmstadt. This is with 1/4 of the size of Frankfurt not a small town.

darmstadt.de/sprachversionen/…index.htm

It is however not impossible to commute from Frankfurt. Best place would be close to Frankfurt Hbf (central train station) that you have it not far to the trains to Darmstadt. That's not difficult as this is anyway the area with the most hotels in Frankfurt.

Tarragona...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: darmstadt to frankfurt

Thank you for your response. Actually I will ve loved to stay in Darmstadt but I discovered that the price of the hotel soar for the days I intend to stay. The cost is far more compared to the hotels in Franfurt. How convinient is the journey from Franfurt and is it possible to get a pass for the whole week that I can use in both cities?

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
9,271 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: darmstadt to frankfurt

Plenty of trains between Frankfurt and Darmstadt. RE from Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof take just 19 minutes, S3 from Hauptwache 30 minutes, running every 30 minutes. You can buy a Wochenticket valid one week for 49,40 EUR in and between both cities at any ticket machine. S3 has a couple of stops on the southside of Frankfurt (Lokalbahnhof, Südbahnhof, Stresemannallee) so that may give you even more hotel options with good train connection to Darmstadt.

Reply to: darmstadt to frankfurt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted