We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamburg

Kent
Level Contributor
18 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Hamburg

Have just returned form Hamburg. What a delightful city.

The Hotel Nord Deutscher Hof was a good base near to the train station for arrivals by train or Jasper.

There is adsoloutly no need to worry about the Kirchenallee side of the station.

We walked everywhere in Hamburg not using the S or U Bahn at all that way you see all the great architecture and churches, and meet more interesting people.

The Hotel Nord Deutscher now has a non smoking section in the restaurant for breakfast and these seats are by the windows so you can watch the start to a cold winter city day from the warm restaurant drinking your coffee and enjoying you meats, bread, cheese and cereals.

The Hedgehog Spotter

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamburg

Glad to hear you had a delightful time in Hamburg. I agree that the city has great charm; as you say, the churches and other architecture - particularly the Rathaus - are outstanding. I also love a walk along the Alster and the Landungsbrücken. Shopping in Hamburg is also fantastic. I hope you also enjoyed the Christmas markets!

Frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch ins Neue Jahr!

2. Re: Hamburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 21, 2009