We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor pool?

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Outdoor pool?

I will be on my own during the day during our visit next week and it looks like the weather may be quite warm. Are there outdoor pools available to the public? I did a search but most of the info was pretty old. Thank you. See you next week!

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor pool?

ab-ins-schwimmbad.de/schwimmbad/Hamburg.html sorry only in German it starts with outdoor pools, fun pools, indoor pools and last is nature bath like a lake.

Use google maps to check which is closest to where you stay, the bold writing is the adress of the pools.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
445 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor pool?

Here you can see all public pools in Hamburg, indoor or/and outdoor.

Summer holidays start this week in Hamburg, so it can be crowded in the afternoons

http://www.baederland.de/bad/ (only german, sorry)

If you prefer an exclusive sport club try Aspiria Uhlenhorst. They also have a special options for travellers (1-day, 2 weeks ...)

aspria-uhlenhorst.de/en/…spa-well-being

Not great for swimming but for sun bathing with the possibility to refresh from time to time - the beaches at river Elbe. Falkensteiner Ufer / Wittenbergen are perfect for forgetting that you are in the city. It's allowed to bath there, although the administration advises against because they can't guarantee a safe experience. If you are relaxed, try it out.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdoor pool?

This website has information on outdoor pools available in English plus ratings. I personally like the ones in Dulsberg and the Stadtpark.

www.schwimmbadcheck.de/pools/hamburg.html

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outdoor pool?

Fantastic info. Thank you all!

5. Re: Outdoor pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, July 14, 2015