We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars Showing Premier League Games

Manchester
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bars Showing Premier League Games

We're coming to Hamburg on the opening weekend of the Premier League season and wondered which, if any, bars show PL matches.

Thanks in advance!

Jo

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
64 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars Showing Premier League Games

Hi there,

The Shamrock:

( www.shamrockirishbar.com ) is a bit on the small side and can get very full - especially if FC St Pauli are playing at home as their ground is across the road.

Finnegan's Wake:

( www.finneganswakeirishpub.com ) is just about to move premises into a cellar bar and I've no idea what it will be like watching a game in there although they have always been a sports bar and probably will remain so.

The Irish Rover ( www.irishrover.de ) has been known to show a big game occaisionally but you're more likely to see Gaelic football there.

The London Pub ( www.london-pub.de ) might have PL games. It would really be a last resort for me to watch a game in there.

I used to watch quite a few PL games in pubs before I got Sky and I would usually watch them in Finnegan's Wake as they had a big screen and a few TVs as well. The location is good too - very central - right near the town hall.

Best of luck with the new season.

Regards,

Mat

2. Re: Bars Showing Premier League Games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 21, 2013