We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Hamburg?

Austin,Texas
11 posts
Save Topic
Easter in Hamburg?

For Easter Sunday and Monday, will everything be closed in Hamburg?

Is Hamburg a decent place to be on those days as far as things to do (not Easter related)? If not, where would you recommend I go?...I are not looking to celebrate the holiday.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Hamburg
Hamburg
Germany
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
412 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Hamburg?

Shops will be closed on both days. As far as museums and other things to do are concerned I would recommend to go on the webstites of the things that interest you. Most museums are closed on Mondays anyway. But may be the opening times on Easter Sunday are the normal ones. What exactly would you be interested in?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,866 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter in Hamburg?

http://www.hamburg-tourismus.de/

Shops will be closed.

Leisure related things not. Rather the opposite. Some outdoor attractions closed over winter reopen to Easter. And others offer special programs for Easter.

Museums are open on Easter Sunday like on any Sunday. Most are closed on Mondays, but some are open if the Monday is a public holiday.

Austin,Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter in Hamburg?

Not interested in anything particular. Just want to make sure that my 3 days in Hamburg have something to do and I wont be missing out since its Easter...thanks for the help!

Mentioned in this post
Hamburg
Hamburg
Germany
dubai uae
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter in Hamburg?

hi, likewise i am travelling to hamburg at easter with 3 kids under 12 years of age. will the DOM fair be open? What can you recommend for us to do for couple of days? is there bonfire night saturday?

also, if anyone can recmd a great hotel for families or apartment i would really apprec it. thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,866 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter in Hamburg?

The DOM fair is open with the exception of Good Friday (14. April 2006). The Friday bonfire will be moved from Friday to Saturday (15. April) 22:30 in this case.

Hamburg Tourism: Hamburg for families and children

hamburg-tourismus.de/…

Mentioned in this post
Hamburg
Hamburg
Germany
Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter in Hamburg?

Although the shops are shut Sun & Mon there are plenty other things to do. Boat tours around the harbour, museums, HAmburg Dungeon, go to the top of the "Michel", eat, drink, see a show, walk rounf the Alster Lake, visit Luebeck or Lueneburg, etc.

www.hamburg-tourism.de or www.englishpages.de.

Dom info on www.hamburger-dom.de

A good family hotel in the center is www.europaeischer-hof.de/english/index.html as it has a swimming pool and leisure centre.

Mentioned in this post
Hamburg Dungeon
Hamburg Dungeon
1,880 Reviews
Hamburg, Germany