We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location to stay for Christmas markets

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
68 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Location to stay for Christmas markets

Considering going to Hamburg for the Christmas markets and was wondering if anyone could tell me the best location for booking a hotel/apartment in. If anyone had a suggestion of an apartment that would be great also.

Thanks

Lewiston, New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location to stay for Christmas markets

I went to Hamburg in 2005 for the Christmas season and stayed at the Marriott ABC Strasse....It was the perfect location. You walk out the front door and 2 blocks to the left starts the Market...my favorite place in Europe at Christmas time. Enjoy!!

Luneburg, Germany
Level Contributor
353 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location to stay for Christmas markets

The Main Christmas Market is infront of the historic City Hall,

so I would suggest a Hotel near the Centre.

Even the Hotel near Central Station are only a 20-30min walk to the C.M.

but I won't take an Airporthotel because the Hotels are to far and you will have to use Bus and City-Train to get into the City.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location to stay for Christmas markets

The Christmas Markets in Hamburg are amazing you will love it! I find the hotels run quite expensive in the city centre so check out hotels a little further out if your looking for something cheaper maybe around the Lohmühlenstraße‎ area, I know there are some nice hotels for a bit cheaper and your only a few stops away on the U-bahn into town!! Enjoy!

Edited: 6:22 am, October 24, 2011
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location to stay for Christmas markets

Oh and this is a good website for finding an apartment if hotels are too expensive..

http://www.9flats.com/

5. Re: Location to stay for Christmas markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 25, 2012