We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports car rental or a day..

Which Hamburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
203 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sports car rental or a day..

Hello everyone.

Made into Hamburg last night for one week stay.

Though I have an Opel 4 door rental car for my family, my 2 older sons want me to rent a faster car to test out the speed on autobahn.

I have told them many times how wonderful my experience was when I picked up my M3 from Muncih and drove around in it for a week last winter.

Since I am familiar with an M3, I was thinking about renting one but the renatl fee is a bit too high for me considering I already have a rental car and this one is for one afternoon of joy ride.

Wondering if anyone knows a reasonable rental company for an M3 or a similar car in Hamburg?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

PS- Thrifty Rntal should be avoided as others have said on this forum when renting a car.

Luneburg, Germany
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports car rental or a day..

Sixt. hertz have cars with a lot of power under the roof.

but if you want to drive a PORSCHE or other luxerycars, AVIS might be a good idea:

www.avis.de/Fleet.aspx…

But if you want to spped up around Hamburg there are only 2 Freeways/Autobahnen with no speedlimit.

The best choice would be the A39(former A250) between Hamburg-Lüneburg. You will get here in about 10-20 minutes from centre Hamburg (depends on the traffic.

The Autobahn A1 has also no speedlimit, but there ar 2 contruction Zone and the NO-SPEEDLIMIT-ZONE is 30km away from Hamburg. And between that the Police is checking the speed.

So the best choice would be the Autobahn to Lüneburg.

But avoid the Rush-Hour 7-10 am and 3-7pm.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
203 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports car rental or a day..

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Will check it out!

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,289 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports car rental or a day..

Sixt are the only company I know of with M3's to rent and only in some stations

Luneburg, Germany
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports car rental or a day..

here is a local car rental where you can also rent a Ferrari

limited-cars.de/english/lc_charter/set.htm

And be careful the Geram Police is checking the speed by radar and with hidden cameras in normal looking cars. So speed up only where it is alowed.

Because the BMW behind you might be someone who wants to "race" with you, but it's probaly the Police trying to rush you over the speedlimit. ;-)

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports car rental or a day..

A 7 (to the north) and A 23 (to the northwest) don't have speed limits as well.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports car rental or a day..

Hey,

Sixt offers Porsche rentals as Panamera \

sixt.de/php/…porsche-special_3865

Also Hertz offers fun cars as Lotus and BMW...

www.hertz.de/rentacar/vehicleguide/index.jsp…

Prestiga offers prestigious Bentley Continental GTC for rent, check their website:

http://prestiga.com/fleet/91/Bentley%2CContinental+GTC+Speed#5/Dusseldorf

Niko

7. Re: Sports car rental or a day..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, February 09, 2013