We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luneburg from Hamburg

Which Hamburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Luneburg from Hamburg

We are planning a daytrip from Hamburg to Luneburg and I have a question. When I typed in the locations at the train station to see about tickets..it was a little confusing. It sent me to the HVV site..On the site it sounds like my husband and i can use an all day pass to get there and back for about 10 euros. But I'm not sure if that covered enough zones? Am I reading this correctly. I would hate to get on the train and not have the correct ticket.

Thanks for any help,

donna

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luneburg from Hamburg

You can buy a ticket for the Gesamtbereich.

A group ticket (9-Uhr Gruppenkarte for up to 5 persons) in the Gesamtbereich costs 24,30 Euros. It is only valid after 9am.

Two day tickets or 4 single tickets would cost more.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,607 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luneburg from Hamburg

HVV zone map

hvv.de/pdf/…Tarifplan_USAR.pdf

Lüneburg is in zone 807. This is in the HVV fare ring E. Thus from Hamburg you need tickets covering the whole HVV area (HVV Gesamtbereich).

HVV 9am Group Ticket

hvv.de/en/…

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luneburg from Hamburg

Thank you both so much. I will now buy my ticket with confidence. We're off to Luneburg tomorrow!! Loving this sunny, beautiful weather!!

4. Re: Luneburg from Hamburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 29, 2012