We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desired German Ebay Items?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
193 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Desired German Ebay Items?

Hi guys,

I'll be traveling to Hamburg in February to visit my fiancee, and I've been trying to brainstorm some ideas to help recoup part or all of the ticket cost. I am only going to be there for a long weekend, so I'm not going to bring more than 1 bag of clothes. I was thinking maybe I could fill the other bag with clothes or items from the US that might be unobtainable in Germany, or cost preventative due to shipping costs. We could sell them over there, profit off the reduced shipping, and help out some German folk at the same time.

So are there any items that Germans may love, and have a hard time finding? I've heard Abercrombie clothes, maybe Hello Kitty stuff?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desired German Ebay Items?

Hmmmm...I have no idea. Abercrombie clothes may be a good idea, but they can also be bought right here, just more expensive.

The only thing I would love to buy was a sixpack of Mountain Dew...but I guess that you don't rich with that... ;-)

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
326 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desired German Ebay Items?

That's a tough one. Generally almost everything available in the USA will also be sold here, although clothes, shoes etc. tend to be cheaper in the US, but I don't see you earning a fortune with bringing them over here. Hello Kitty is available everywhere in Germany.

Maybe some special NBA or NFL merchandising? There might be some specific books or CDs but I can't think of anything in particular.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desired German Ebay Items?

You may struggle - Ebay and the internet makes it easy to get anything globally these days. You would still need to make a profit so the best way would be to somehow get some niche antiques.

Just watch out - German customs may slap duty on anything you are importing off value or for resale.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desired German Ebay Items?

This is not post-war Germany, you know...