We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamburger Dom Festival (Spring 2011)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
900 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Hamburger Dom Festival (Spring 2011)

We are going to be in Hamburg March 25-27, 2011 - staying at the Holiday Inn Express St. Pauli (this is the tailend of our trip to Germany).

I just saw online that the Dom Festival is going on this same time. It actually starts on March 25th.

How crowded does the town get during this time and what exactly is the festival? Is there any admission price to get in?

It looks a lot like Oktoberfest (which we will also be attending at the end of next year).

Mentioned in this post
Hamburg
Hamburg
Germany
St. Pauli
St. Pauli
620 Reviews
Hamburg, Germany
Germany
Germany
Europe
London
Level Contributor
740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamburger Dom Festival (Spring 2011)

The Dom may have changed since I lived in Hamburg (quite a while ago) but then it was basically a very large funfair (carnival). There was no admission fee and the city wasn't obviously any more crowded than usual. It does look as if there's now a fair bit of entertainment but I wouldn't compare it to Oktoberfest. Maybe some locals will have more info.

…hamburg.de/hamburg-events/290760/hamburg-ha…

Mentioned in this post
Hamburg
Hamburg
Germany
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamburger Dom Festival (Spring 2011)

It's a big funfair and can not be compared with the oktoberfest. It is smaller and does not focus on tents.

The town will not be any more crowded that usual. No admission price, you pay for the rides and the food/drink. A visit is a good start for a night at the Reeperbahn as the Dom is right at the beginning of Reeperbahn.

Mentioned in this post
Reeperbahn
Reeperbahn
1,847 Reviews
Hamburg, Germany
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
900 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hamburger Dom Festival (Spring 2011)

That's awesome. I just checked a map and our hotel is two streets over from the Reeperbahn and right by the fairgrounds so at least we can walk from one hotel to the other.

Mentioned in this post
Reeperbahn
Reeperbahn
1,847 Reviews
Hamburg, Germany
4. Re: Hamburger Dom Festival (Spring 2011)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 17, 2011