We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants and Bars

Glasgow, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants and Bars

Going to Hamburg for three nights at the end of June to celebrate my 30th birthday. I will be travelling with my husband, younger sister and partner and my parents. We are looking for recommendations of nice restaurants that are not too expensive. As there are six of us we thought it might be best to book some things in advance.

We had planned to have one slightly nicer/fine dining meal and then two cheaper options. Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Are there any good bars that would have music/happy hour deals too that would be suitable for our varied age ranges?

Many thanks Sarah.

2 replies to this topic
Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
848 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants and Bars

You have hundreds of options, but I dare to give you a few recommendations:

Fischerstube (Colonnaden 49) is a very traditional restaurant in very central location. It is atmospheric and serves authentic regional food. Try the eel soup, made of smoked eel, a hearty soup that tastes like liquid smoke. Their signature dish is labskaus, a mash made from potatoes, beetroot and salted beef, served with plated egg and marinated herring (it is an "all you can eat" dish). Inexpensive.

Old Commercial Room (Englische Planke 10) is also very traditional, but more upscale. It is a favourite place for celebrities, and you may get lobster here or anglerfish, but also labskaus and other regional dishes. Price level: intermediate.

For a bar experience, do not miss the Feuerschiff. It is a former lightship, now permanently docked in the harbour. Often, they play live jazz.

Glasgow, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants and Bars

Thank you very much. Will look into these options. S

Reply to: Restaurants and Bars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted