We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for someone

Which Bremerhaven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
1 post
Save Topic
looking for someone

Hi,

My name is Sue and I'm from NJ, USA. My father was a WWII army soldier and met a little girl in Bremerhaven. He loved the kids there and this little girl taught him German. He also gave her a locket. He never got her name, but we do have a picture. She would probably be in her 60's now. I was wondering if I sent the picture to someone there if they could put it out in the local paper. My dad is 81 and has always talked about this little girl. I would love to be able to locate her for him.

Thank you in advance,

Sue Eresman NJ USA

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for someone

I guess the best chance would be if the local newspaper would publish the story and the photo.

http://www.nordsee-zeitung.de

Pittsburgh PA
Level Contributor
311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for someone

There is a possibilty I could help you, my Mom is in her early 70"s and grew up right in Bremerhaven, married when she was 19 to a WWII army solider and moved here. But she might reconize a pic if you had one. Let me know, I will watch this post.

Jenn

3. Re: looking for someone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bremerhaven
More Bremerhaven Topics