We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Bremen

Hong Kong, null...
12 posts
Save Topic
3 days in Bremen

Hello!

I want to travel from Berlin to Bremen, and then back to Berlin again in August.

Please suggest some ways of transportation, preferably with the cheapest ones.

Thank you!

Schnoor Viertel
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Marktplatz
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Historische Altstadt
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,378 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Bremen

Hi Elise

We spent 2 days in Bremen in January - it's a lovely small city and we would happily return.

I bought my train tickets on www.bahn.de and printed it at home. Cheap tickets go on sale 92 days before travel dates so you are too far out to buy them yet. Have a play with the site now so you are ready when your date comes up.

Change to english at the top (click on the flag) then put in Berlin as the start and Bremen as your destination - then select the train you want to use - try some dummy dates & times - there are a number each day. Some will be regional trains, others ICE trains - you can select on price, travel time etc - advance purchase tickets give you good prices on the ICE trains - they are amazing if you live somewhere without high speed trains (Like Australia)

Do the same for the return trip. It really is easy once you get the hang of the site.

YOu can pay online using a credit card - just remember if you pay by card, you can nominate to use your your credit card as your ID so take the card with you - the conductor will scan your ticket and swipe your card.

If you are a beer drinker, I can highly recommend the Becks Brewery tour

cheers

helen

Hong Kong, null...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Bremen

Hi Helen,

Thank you very much for your advice!

I have browsed the website for a few times, but like what you mentioned, it's too early to book a ticket :P

I will consider following what you suggested and buy the tickets.

Thank you once again for your detailed explanation!

Cheers,

Elise

3. Re: 3 days in Bremen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bremen