We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bremen trams

Which Bremen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
34 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Bremen trams

We are planning a trip to Bremen 01-12-2011 - 04-12-2011 by Ryan Air . There will be 4 persons can we pre purchase tram tickets for the duration of our stay so that we can use these from the airport to Town centre?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bremen trams

http://www.bsag.de/eng/66.php

There are only day passes and 7-day passes.

The question is also if you want to stay in Bremen the whole time or doing also day trips in the nearer and wider area.

VBN day tickets

vbn.de/pdf-dokumente/Flyer_2011_TagesTickets…

Niedersachsen Tikcket (in German only)

bahn.de/regional/view/mdb/pv/dbregio/ausflue…

A day ticket which is EUR 33 for 4 persons. Covers the federal states Bremen, Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony) and Hamburg. See map on the 2nd page. Covered are regional trains and in the local public transport networks like the VBN also all other local public transport (trams, buses). Niedersachsen Ticket is valid

Mo-Fr from 9am till 3am next day

Sa,Su from midnight till 3am day

As VBN tickets for trips beyond Bremen and the Niedersachsen Ticket include also the Bremen zone (VBN price level I), the 7-day pass for Bremen would make no sense.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
34 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bremen trams

Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bremen trams

I often go to Bremen with Ryanair. It's my home town and sometimes I go just for the day. Just buy your tram/bus tickets in the main airport arrival hall (not the Ryanair shed). A single ticket currently costs 2.30 euros. If you buy a strip of 10 that comes down to 1.95. The staff at the kiosk are very helpful and speak good English if you need them to. I don't know if you've sorted your acommodation yet. The Intercity Hotel near the station is a nice place and their room rate includes free public transport during your stay. Enjoy your stay and the Christmas Market..

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
34 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bremen trams

Thanks a lot for the information. We are staying at Hotel Classico. Intercity did not have rooms when we contacted them. We'll be there in a month's time! Will get the strip of tickets I suspect as there are 4 of us going. Am saving up for the Christmas market as no doubt my wife will go wild!

Chris

5. Re: Bremen trams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 03, 2012