We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the train station area safe??

Which Bremen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Is the train station area safe??

Hi,

We are planning a trip to Bremen in November, staying at the Best Western Zur Post (which is just opposite the train station).

I know sometimes the areas areound the train stations can be pretty dodgy. Is that the case in Bremen? I would really rather not have to encounter a mass of drugged up/drunken people on the way back to the hotel after dinner (not my idea of a perfect ending to a nice day out!!)

Any advice on areas to avoid and/or areas or hotels that are nice (haven't booked anything yet, so am still flexible).

Thanks for any help! :o)

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the train station area safe??

In my view the train station in Bremen can seem a bit rough at night but only during the Freimarkt (beer festival, finishes 2nd Nov). Any where else and at any other time you couldn't get mugged even if you tried. Obviously normal caution applies, like anywhere else in this world.

2. Re: Is the train station area safe??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, October 06, 2009