We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin - Areas and U-Bahn

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Berlin - Areas and U-Bahn

I have some questions about my trip to Berlin

1. What do I search for on the ticket machines at Schonefeld airport to get to Potsdam Platz and/or Tiergarten area?

2. I am looking for a hotel in a busy area with nightlife. I have stayed in Tiergarten before which seemed quiet at night. I have done several searches and the nightlife seems to be spread out. Kruezberg seems to be the "new" area, but I read that the north side of Mitte is also popular.

3. I would like a book of tickets, like a carnet, for the U-Bahn. Is this possible? And can the tickets be used at night?

Many thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,578 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin - Areas and U-Bahn

1. You buy a single ticket for Berlin ABC.

There are only 3 fare zones

Berlin A = central Berlin (anywhere inside the S-Bahn ring)

Berlin B = rest of Berlin

Berlin C = places around Berlin like Schönefeld Airport, Potsdam, Oranienburg

And you can buy only ticket for Berlin ABC, Berlin AB or Berlin BC.

S-Bahn and U-Bahn network map with these zones

www.s-bahn-berlin.de/pdf/VBB-Liniennetz.pdf

3. Does not exist.

Best deals for tourists are normally plain local public transport day tickets. Or a weekly ticket.

https://shop.bvg.de/index.php/tickets

Or a Berlin Welcome Card which covers local public transport and gives additionally also discounts for various sights/attractions/tours.

www.visitberlin.de/en/welcomecard?tid=860

You don't need other tickets when traveling at night.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin - Areas and U-Bahn

More about it here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187323-s303/Berlin:G…

Most clubs are located in the area between Ostbahnhof and Warschauer Strasse, including the former train repair workshop, in Friedrichshain and around Schlesiche Strasse/ Schlesisches Tor in Kreuzberg on the other side of the river.

There is a 4-trip -ticket availiable for 9 Euro, which actually are 4 single tickets for zones AB at a reduced price. You'd save 1,80 Euro when buying this instead of buying 4 seperate single tickets. But if you need more than three of these four on one day, a day-ticket will be cheaper.

3. Re: Berlin - Areas and U-Bahn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 15, 2016