We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open 24 and 25 december 2015...nr innsbrucker pl

Province of Cadiz...
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants open 24 and 25 december 2015...nr innsbrucker pl

We're spending a week in Berlin over christmas 2015, staying nr INNSBRUCKER PLATZ. I'd love to hear about any nice restaurants open on 24 and 25 dec....not wildly expensive but not budget either.

Best Seller
Berlin Bike Tour
585 Reviews
from $38.30*
All-in-One Berlin Shore Excursion...
10 Reviews
from $119.70*
Best Seller
Berlin Mitte Walking Tour: Wall...
1,809 Reviews
from $16.80*
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,846 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants open 24 and 25 december 2015...nr innsbrucker pl

You do realise the extent to which Germany shuts up from lunchtime on December 24 to, this year, December 27 inclusive. I have spent many, many Christmas's in Germany over the last three decades but I have always chosen to stay in a hotel that offers an inclusive lodging and food package (and usually a wellness as well) simply because just about everywhere else is shut up.

Even such a hotel may well not welcome outside diners over the Christmas period, or, if they do, not every day, and it has become unusual to even find a bar/café open. If you are staying in an apartment, then shops will also be closed throughout this period. You may find the odd ethnic (e.g. Turkish) eating place open.

You may find that many restaurants choose not to open in the week between Christmas and the New Year, but that is less predictable. I doubt whether many places have made firm plans yet - I know some hotels have and some haven't, for example.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants open 24 and 25 december 2015...nr innsbrucker pl

Christmas day and Boxing Day are very big in Germany to go dining in restaurants with the whole family. You'll need to book a table well in advance.

The 24th is another matter as we traditionally spend Christmas Eve at home with the family. You will still find ethnic restaurants open.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,790 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants open 24 and 25 december 2015...nr innsbrucker pl

If you want to explore beyond Innsbrucker Platz area, the Dachrestaurant on the roof of the Reichstag building is normally open on 25th, offering a Christmas menu for those who want it, but you don't have to have it. Reservation needed, obviously.

I somehow doubt many restaurants in Berlin will close for the whole week then, maybe that's true of smaller towns

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants open 24 and 25 december 2015...nr innsbrucker pl

Not Even in smaller towns, Linda. They most likely close on one day during the holidays (Christmas Eve in most cases) otherwise the would loose too much business.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,359 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants open 24 and 25 december 2015...nr innsbrucker pl

As public transport will be running then you would be best to go into Charlottenburg ,esp on 24th as I don't remember there being much open around Innsbruckerplatz then. It is only a few minutes on a bus or U bahn

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,953 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants open 24 and 25 december 2015...nr innsbrucker pl

We went to La Piazza in the Savignyplatz area. Looking at there website it says they are open every day.

www.restaurant-la-piazza.de/eng/index.html

7. Re: Restaurants open 24 and 25 december 2015...nr innsbrucker pl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 09, 2016