We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weird and wonderful things to see/do/buy/eat in Berlin?!

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Weird and wonderful things to see/do/buy/eat in Berlin?!

Hello,

I have just booked a trip to Berlin for me and my boyfriend from 16 - 20 November. It was all a bit of a rushed decision and don't even know what we'll get up to while we're there! However, I am very excited about it!!

I will get a travel guide to find out all the basics and must-sees but I was hoping that people on here would be able to give me some hints of fun things to do that might not be in the guide books.

So, what is the perfect day in Berlin? Where is cool to eat? Any arty stuff that we shouldn't miss? The best cocktail? Hidden gems? Bizarre sights? You get the idea!

Any suggestions? I would be most grateful for any!

Thanks,

Loid x

PS - We are staying at the Circus hostel on Rosa Luxemburg.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weird and wonderful things to see/do/buy/eat in Berlin?!

Don't forget the Musical arts. Last time we were in Berlin, we attended the Deutche Stadt Oper performance of Macbeth for 7.50 euro. Got the tickets at the Tourist Office at the last minute. It was the top ring, on the side, but for 7.50 you couldn't even go to the movies.

Also....if you are hockey fans....check out the Eisbaeren hockey team. You can have a fun evening with an energenic crowd, in a part of the city you would not normally visit.

england
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Weird and wonderful things to see/do/buy/eat in Berlin?!

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the kebabs! donner kebabs in Berlin are the best I've ever tasted, not just in the authentic turkish diners in Kreuzberg but in the trendier areas round Mitte where we stayed. I can't swear this is true, but I read that the donner kebab with salad on flat bread was actually invented by the turkish emigre community in Berlin (kinda like chicken tikka masala and baltis were invented in england). Whatever - they're tasty, filling and cheap.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Weird and wonderful things to see/do/buy/eat in Berlin?!

You should stop by the Amplemann shop and pick up a very Berlin souvenir the East Berlin crossing light guy. Here is a link to the website http://www.ampelmann.de/. They are very cool.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Weird and wonderful things to see/do/buy/eat in Berlin?!

Mmmm, kebab!

More great ideas there...

Thanks!

15. Re: Weird and wonderful things to see/do/buy/eat in Berlin?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 26, 2009