We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room reservation in Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amman, Jordan
7 posts
Save Topic
Room reservation in Berlin

Hi

I will be in Berlin for one month, I found a room and I signed the contract with someone,

The problem that the one who I signed the contract with doesnot reply my emails...

I feel like a lost, should I wait more, or I should search for another room.

What if he came back later, can he do something with that contract!

I am just confused! I will be there at 9 aug.

Thanks.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room reservation in Berlin

>What if he came back later, can he do something with that contract!

Most likely yes, but I doubt if anyone who hasn't read the contract can tell for sure...

You haven't paid anything up to now, have you? E.g. a security deposit or rental bond.

I'm asking, because there have been a lot of cases recently where people were asked to do that and neither saw their money again, nor the flat they rented (because it didn't even exist).

Amman, Jordan
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Room reservation in Berlin

Thanks for the answer! :)

No money paid, as it going to be upon arrival!

I have the contract, I can send it in case you have time for that!

What do you recommend if that took long, I have to find another room!!

May be he can use that contract to let me pay for a room I didnot use, by law?! It could be?

Thanks

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room reservation in Berlin

>May be he can use that contract to let me pay for a room I didnot use, by law?! It could be?

That's what I meant, though I'm not a lawyer.

But if you both have signed the contract and he fails to fulfil, you could sue him in Germany. But I guess that is more theoretically.

I can't help you with that, but I think you should continue trying to contact him.

Don't you have a phone number?

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,912 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room reservation in Berlin

>But if you both have signed the contract and he fails to fulfil, you could sue him in Germany.<

The problem is that he can't be shown to have failed to fulfil until that has actually happened, i.e. until after 9 August. Not answering emails is not necessarily an indication that he is not going to fulfil. But if you go off and sign another contract for another room, it's you who will have failed to fulfil.

When did you make the contract? For how long have you been trying to contact this person? How many emails? Unless at least a week of repeated attempts have gone by, you may be worrying quite unnecessarily. He may be ill, he may be on holiday, his computer may be on the blink.

Try to contact him by phone if you can, and sit tight for a while longer.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room reservation in Berlin

I know Alabastron and I agree, he might be on vacation.

School holidays started in Berlin last week.

Amman, Jordan
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Room reservation in Berlin

Thank you!

@leitstrahl no phone number

@Alabastron the contract signed in 1-7 and he told me that he is going for a trip for one week then he will get back to me, now it has been about 16 days! But no answer!

I am trying to contact from week! 3 emails!

7. Re: Room reservation in Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 20, 2015