We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

Hi everybody!

Will be in town with my husband next month for a few days and wanted to know any non-touristy things to do, see, eat? Also some tips on nightlife?

From Berlin we'll be heading to Prague on July 23rd and wanted to know the cheapest way to get there? I looked up the Bohemian Lines, the price was good but the timing is very limited: www.bohemianlines.cz/default.aspx?lang=en

Any other website options for buses and trains to Prague from Berlin?

Thanks so much, really appreciate your time,

Yani

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

Oh yeah, we haven't booked our accommodation yet, any suggestions on central and cheap options?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,880 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

What is your budget for hotels? Also if in Berlin for 5 days, what do you plan to do in the daytime if not going to museums, or seeing the historic city?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

Thanks Jordan,

Ideally under USD$100.00. We've already researched the long list of touristy spots from our tour guide, but atlernative stuff to do would be great :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,880 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

I put in your dates here?

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187323-Berlin-Hotels…

And a few came up around that price.

H10 Berlin Ku'damm - $102 a night

InterContinental Berlin -$111 a night

Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie -$117

Tryp Berlin Mitte Hotel - $113 (I stayed here)

Those are just a few.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,077 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

Blimey, the InterConti must have gone downhill a lot if you can get rooms at that price.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,880 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

"the InterConti must have gone downhill a lot if you can get rooms at that price."

Could be the time period as well. When I put dates of Sep 25th to October 2nd it is $229

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,356 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

No the Interconti hasn't gone downhill :-) They just have 550 to fill up and many tourists want to be in Mitte. I have happily got a super cheap rate in August (€95) but in Sept when the business folk return my room will be €175. Those cheap rates are also only available to Priority Club members.

Also have a look at the Motel One group though if you don't mind being in the West there are some great bargains around. Do remember though that the food and drinks in the smart hotels will be expensive, breakfast is €35 at the Intercon and a coffee €4.50

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,796 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

35€ for breakfast for one??? Wow, what do they serve?! Brunch in the Reichstag restaurant is cheaper than that.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,356 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

there are differant nationalities of breakfast to chhose from, Japanese,Chinese ,Scandanavian,American and French. A vast aray of fruit,fruit juices and bubbly, then pancakes ,waffles and omelttes etc cooked to order. If I have breakfast I get room service, more peaceful and I can have it at 11 am :-)

10. Re: Berlin - July 18-23rd : Non-touristy, nightlife & transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 27, 2015