We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

Hello lovely travelers!

My sister and I are traveling to Berlin for the first time from 13-21.02.2014!

We're super excited and energetic, so walking is not a problem for us, however we tend to load on the sites because we definitely want to see as much as we can and still enjoy our time.

13.02.2014-

Alexanderplatz, Berlin, Germany

Zeit für Brot, Alte Schönhauser Straße, Berlin, Germany

Neue Schönhauser Straße, Berlin, Germany

14.02.2014-

Hackesche Höfe, Rosenthaler Straße, Berlin, Germany

Oranienburger Straße, Berlin, Germany

Kunsthaus Tacheles, Oranienburger Straße, Berlin, Germany

15.02.2014-

Germanynter den Linden, Berlin

Fassbender & Rausch, Charlottenstraße, Berlin, Germany

Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin, Germany

16.02.2014-

FLEA MARKET DAY! any good markets you recommend for jewelry, clothes and antiques maybe some cool food stands as well.

17.02.2014-

Brandenburg Gate, Pariser Platz, Berlin, Germany

Potsdamer Platz, Berlin, Germany

Berlin Kulturforum, Potsdamer Straße, Berlin, Germany

we're thinking of possibly adding- Liquidrom GmbH & Co. KG, Möckernstraße, Berlin, Germany

18.02.2014-

Zoo Berlin, Hardenbergplatz, Berlin, Germany

Peek & Cloppenburg, Tauentzienstraße, Berlin, Germany

Nollendorfplatz, Berlin, Germany

19.02.2014-

Charlottenburg Palace, Spandauer Damm, Berlin, Germany

Kurfürstendamm, Berlin, Germany

the berlin wall, Giesebrechtstraße, Berlin, Germany

20.02.2014-

Museum Island- a whole day enough- we want to see possibly 2-3 museums.

We also want to fit in -

HUMANA Second-Hand-Kleidung GmbH, Frankfurter Allee, Berlin, Germany

Prenzlauer Berg, Germany

Kulturbrauerei, Schönhauser Allee, Berlin, Germany

Bergmannstraße, Berlin, Germany

Please please advise us if this is the best itinerary to make the most of each day.

Please be kind to recommend means of travel, and if there are any other sites that are recommended as well as cool places to eat and go out to .

We really want the best trip and to make the most of our time.

Thanks in advance!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

I'm tired just reading this list. Do you really want to see 3 museums all on one day? I would spend 3-4 hours in a museum and then go do something else, recharge my batteries. You don't mention the food floor at KDW. I consider that to be a must. I think the Kultur Forum is worth more time than you seem to be allowing. If you are really energetic, my wife and I really enjoyed seeing Berlin from the top of the Kreuzberg. Berlin's most USP is its water - rivers, lakes, canals everywhere. Get off your feet and take a boat tour on the Wannsee (yes, that one) or one of the rivers. Generally speaking, the Berlin subway system is excellent and not expensive. Of course you miss seeing the parts of Berlin you're traveling through. I was in Berlin many times with the wall, so perhaps I undervalue it now, but there is very little left - it's more symbolic than anything else. You did not mention curry wurst. I haven't eaten it in years, but Berlin is famous for it. Have a great time. It's a super city.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

Thanx so much ! food is def. a top priority so I'm sure it will get extra attention ;)

Will be sure to check out everything else, thanx!

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

15 February looks thin, in comparison to other fully packed days. From Gendarmenmarkt, you could easily get to the Kulturforum, taking the U-bahn from Stadtmitte to Potsdamer Platz, and spend the afternoon in the Gemäldegalerie, one of the world's great collections of paintings. The Neue Nationalgalerie is a few steps away.

That would leave you more time on the 17th, and you could go to one of the Museum Island museums. Three museums in one day really is too much, as Rob said. All five of the museums are excellent, and deserve several hours each.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

Hasn't Tacheles closed down?

I have to agree with Alabastron, the 14th and 15th could easily be combined into one day. Peek & Cloppenburg isn't all that, it pales in comparison to KaDeWe and even if you're doing serious shopping, it won't take long. From there, you aren't far from the start of the Ku'damm but I find that Berlin Zoo takes a good 3-4 hours as a minimum.

Overall, I think it's a slightly odd itinerary, but that's very much a personal view.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

Go to Boxhagenerplatz on the 16th! Great flea market. I also love the shops in Simon Dachstrasse and Niederbarnimstrasse (you can have t-shirts printed with a print you select, things like that).

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,652 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

yes Tacheles is closed now, unless there has been a new development very recently.

Peek & Cloppenburg is clothes only, I suppose it depends on the individual shopper how long that can take!

Humana has lot of branches in Berlin www.humana-second-hand.de/mode/shops.html

I have never heard of Giesebrechtstrasse but the longest stretches of the Berlin Wall are on Bernauer Strasse, where the memorial is and Niederkirchnerstrasse,not all that far from Checkpoint Charlie (theses are both now very delapidated/weathered). The East Side Gallery on Mühlenstrasse (near Warschauer Strasse) is longer not "weathered" , it's famous for the graffiti painted in 1990 (and since restored)

I suggest you go on a walking tour or two, the most popular ones cover Mitte mainly but there are also themed tours, things like "alternative Berlin" that you might find interesting

Edited: 4:12 pm, February 09, 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

Thank you so much for your advice! We will def. do our pays to pack on the fun and make the most of each day.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

Thanks so much! we will most do our best to make the most of each day!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

Hey! why do you think its odd? would you recommend anything else? or in addition to?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 8 Days in berlin itinerary HELP!

Thanks so muchh! yayy flea marketss!